How Antidepressant Pills Work : Antidepressant Pills Help Reduce The Symptoms Of Depression

These symptoms of depression include: 
  • Feeling extremely sad for no particular reason.
  •  Loss of interest or pleasure in things you usually enjoy.
  • Sleeping too much or too little.
  • Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt or worry.
  • Difficulty in thinking, making decisions or concentration.
People with depression often have an imbalance in certain natural chemicals in the brain. So anti-depressant medications work by helping the brain to restore its usual chemical balance and thereby reduce symptoms.

I often get asked the question, "How long does it take for them to work?


For me, it took 2 to 3 weeks for the anti-depressants to work. But my research indicates that it can take up to six weeks after the first dose of medication before it has an anti-depressant effect.


For some people it can take up to eight weeks or a little longer before they start to feel better, and the maximum benefit is felt after six months.

Medicine For Depression is generally very effective. Around 70% of people with major depression start to feel better with the first type of Antidepressant Pills they are prescribed.

Before I started taking Antidepressant Pills my depression just became worse and worse. Even though I was using "taking therapy", there was not much progress in my depression symptoms. My "break-through" with my depression only occurred once I started taking Antidepressant Pills.

Psychological Treatments

Psychological treatments used by psychologists and psychiatrists are very effective in helping a person to treat and even recover from depression.

I would go so far as to say that my psychological treatment has been instrumental in treating my depression to the extent that I now live a very happy and joyful life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Antidepressant Causing You to Gain Weight?

Abuse Of Antidepressants And How To Avoid

Antidepressant Treatment Of Anxiety